PREVISTORM® Thunderstorm Warning System allows information from electric field strength sensors to be integrated with information from lightning bolts detection and location networks. The sensor used by this system, PREVISTORM® E-Field Sensor, operates under the principle of the “electric field mill” to continuously measure the intensity of the atmospheric electric field. The real-time processing methods and algorithms included in this system allow the user to determine when the risk of lightning strikes occurrence increases or decreases. The operating parameters that control the generation of alarms, as well as the calibration of the sensor according to the installation site, are fully customizable.
PREVISTORM® has an unmatched degree of adaptability in terms of performance, components and operational characteristics, and can be used both as an autonomous system and as part of other more complex integrative systems.
PREVISTORM® Thunderstorm Warning System also supports two to five isolated relay outputs (depending on the configuration) that allow, among other actions, for the activation of light and acoustic signals. The software included in the system allows for the configuration of several independent signaling patterns that enable to differentiate the start and end moments from the periods of high risk of lightning strike occurrence.
- Provides information about the existence of risk of lightning strike before the first discharge occurs.
- Helps determine the time of completion of the thunderstorm based on the risk of lightning strike occurrence.
- Contributes to ensure the protection of lives and material goods by generating reliable decision-making support information in the implementation of preventive measures.
- Provides more accurate measurements than those provided by other storm detectors.
- Detects atmospheric discharges within its detection radius.
- Counts with a mechanical design that guarantees greater immunity to rain noise and facilitates its installation.
- A model of the sensor with heating system to prevent freezing and facilitate thaw is available, which is highly suitable to use in locations where snow accumulation makes it impossible to work with other types of system.
- Designed in accordance with the international standard IEC 62793:2020, Protection against lightning – Thunderstorm warning systems.
- A set of accessories and elements to facilitate its adaptation to the requirements and needs of virtually any project is available.
- Allows for the control of other external devices such as signalers, alarms and automations through the relay outputs of the electric field sensor and the display console.
- Sensor relay outputs are programmable, making it possible to generate sequential activation and deactivation patterns for controlled external devices.
- Supplied with PREVISTORM® Viewer software, which integrates information from multiple ray detection and location networks, simultaneously controls multiple sensors, integrates and controls various auxiliary devices for the integration of more complex and complete systems. This software also facilitates the storage of data in log files for auditing and the creation of lightning alarm data distribution networks.